- There are three children whose mother is, and grandmother is witches. The mother does not tell them who she is and tries to keep and protect them from that world to give them an ordinary life. However, their grandmother, Aggie, visits her grandchildren mainly because the eldest is turning 13 and wants her to train to be a witch before she turns 13 or loses her power. However, Gwen's mother is adamant about leaving them out of this world and being raised mortal like their dad. Moreover, the kids begin to notice something magical and spooky about their grandmother; curious about this and the magic she has displayed, the children watch her and follow her to this bus that takes them to a place called Halloweentown, with monsters, vampires, ghosts and witches. However, once there, they stumble into some trouble.
Hocus Pocus (1993)
- In 1693, three sisters, Winifred, Mary and Sarah, were executed for practising witchcraft in Salem. Three hundred years later, teenager Max Dennison moves to Salem with his family and struggles to accommodate his new life after growing up in sunny California. One Halloween night, he must spend the evening accompanying his younger sister for trick or treating while their parents enjoy the town Halloween dance. During that night, Max tries to show off to his sister, whom he finds annoying, and impress this girl from town, Alison, by lighting this candle that completes a spell that resurrects the witches after being taught about the fable in school by a teacher. From there on out, it's a non-stop chase as the witches are committed to performing attacks on the kids before sunrise to stay immortal, or the witches will be gone forever.
Miss Peregrine home for peculiar kids (2016)
- This film is about a boarding house for children with mystical gifts run by Miss Peregrine. This was done to avoid the persecution of being peculiar in the U.K. She protects the children by setting a time loop of the same day, September 3, 1943, where they can hide and remain safe. This stops them from ageing and can only be accessed by peculiar children. Furthermore, there is an attack on the school by these monsters called Hollows. They hunt down peculiars and consume their eyeballs to remain in human form. But with the help of one peculiar named Jake, who can see the invisible monsters in the hollows, he has to try and save the day.
This film isn't on Disney+, but it should be.
- Coraline is about a girl named Coraline, an only child who moves into this old house in the pink palace apartments. Her parents are very busy and work-oriented, leaving Coraline feeling neglected and looking for entertainment elsewhere. She makes friends with Wybee, who lives with his grandma and, in subtle ways, warns her about putting her nose where it does not belong. She finds a key in her house that leads to a portable to another dimension. A better version of the life she's living now, where her parents care about her, she gets cooked home-cooked food, and she is happy, but not everything is what it seems, and Coraline learns that quickly. The film teaches the importance of family attentiveness, that life is not always greener on the other side but where you water it and that open communication in the family is essential.
- Twitches is about a set of twins, Alex and Camryn, born with magical powers that get separated at birth due to the darkness that is after them and their powers. After 21 years, they reunite and discover they are from this other kingdom called Coventry, where their mum is Queen and resides, waiting for them to meet one day. In the first film, they learn the importance and the power of sticking and working together. With this, they uncover more about themselves, their abilities and each other, and they succeed in defeating the darkness.